SebinoExpress - The Castle of Bornato
  • Castles
  • The Castle of Bornato

Franciacorta

  030 725006
  web

DESCRIZIONE

The Castle was built in mid-13th century by the Bornati Family to replace the previous castrum (from latin: fortification). It was massively converted by the Gandini Family, that purchased it in 1562. In 1937, a shipowner from Livorno, Mister Luigi Orlando, bought it designating its present denomination: Villa Orlando. The town walls are made of rough stone. They are sorrounded by a moat, and towers safeguard them. Inside, the Palace, established by The Gandinis, is of Rennaisance style. It is believed to have been built on top of the central nucleus of the old fort. The remains of three of the premises of this structure can be seen at the ground floor.

CONTATTI

The Castle of Bornato
castello 24
25046 - Cazzago San Martino
bs
030 725006

www.castellodibornato.com